Online Service: 31st May
(Link to Song Lyrics)
Our journey through some of the Psalms is taking us to Psalm 24 this week in which we find truths about God’s sovereignty, purity and victory that may be of great comfort to us.
Reading: Psalm 8 (which shares some themes from Psalm 24, which we’ll look at later)
Song: This is a version of “How Great is our God” sung by Christians from around the world in their own language. As it’s Pentecost Sunday, it’s a lovely reminder how God made the gospel known to people who spoke different languages at Pentecost. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ngEOlItL0
Prayer Points: Teachers and Students
· As we’ve been praying for key workers over the last few weeks, let’s pray for teachers and others in education as some of them go back to school.
· Let’s pray for peace in our schools and for Christian teachers to exemplify that peace.
· Please pray for children in our church and in kid’s club for are heading back to school. Many of them may have fears and anxieties. Let’s pray that God makes Himself known to them and stills any concerns.
· Let’s remember those children not yet able to go back, for parents still having to home school while balancing work and for parents with worries about sending children back.
Kid’s Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejPPXXwDiT8
· If “the earth is the Lord’s and all who live in it” how should we treat the people we meet? They are made in God’s image, He is their rightful Lord and their creator. Consider how those remarkable truths should shape our interactions.
· Let’s spend time giving thanks for our Saviour, by whose clean hands we are forgiven, made right with God and treated as those who may ascend the hill of the Lord.